Our COVID-19 Response
Dear Valued Patient,
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We want you to feel 100% safe when you come to our office. We have implemented new equipment, educated our staff, implemented Teledentistry, enhanced our easy text message, communication, and payment system and ordered all necessary protective equipment.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff:What to Expect
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked the same questions once again when you are in the office. Download Our Pre-Screening Form
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and other items since they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have added air purifying systems, acrylic panels, and air suction machines for the protection of the patients and staff.
- We will continue to deep clean each room, exam chair, and any other surface before and after each visit.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Times between appointments are being extended to avoid having too many people in the office at once. Patients are asked to arrive promptly for their appointment time and notify the office immediately if you are running late.
- All patients are required to wear a mask or face covering when entering into the office.
- You will be required to complete an infrared temperature screening upon arrival. This will be performed by our office staff. Any patient with a temperature over 99.5°F will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We ask everyone to arrive at their appointments by themselves unless the person being seen in the office requires supervision or legal guardian for the visit.
We look forward to seeing you again and I’m happy to answer any questions you may have about steps we have taken to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
To make an appointment please call our office at 212-358-1400 or visit our website at www.nataliescarmatodds.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Natalie Scarmato and team
For the most authoritative, up-to-date, and comprehensive information visit:
– U.S. Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Page: https://www.cdc.gov/
– U.S. National Library of Medicine Coronavirus Page: https://medlineplus.gov/
– World Health Organization Coronavirus Page: https://www.who.int/
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns via email [email protected]